Thursday, February 27, 2020

Planning on Actors and Costumes

So, Veronica agreed to be our actress! We'll be coordinating times for filming later. Her boyfriend, Jackson, agreed to let me take pictures of him to use for the fake dating app we'll be featuring in the video. I'll obviously have to ask for more people to photograph, but I know that Gus, who was featured in my hologram try-out video, would be on board.

Scriptwriting is going to happen this weekend, and I'm really excited. I'll make sure to upload my process and the final result for everyone to read. I'm unsure when I'll do the storyboard, but it'll definitely be after I go over the script a few times.

Robert is going to ask around his friends for more people to photograph, so I'm sure we'll have more than enough people to get the job done.

Anyways... onto the costumes! Shoes are really expensive so we're planning on Veronica getting her own or using a pair she already owns. We don't have the budget for $40 shoes in our wallets, and I don't think my mom would appreciate me putting it on a credit card, even if I return it. But, we'll be getting Veronica's dress! We chose to get it on Amazon due to their more than generous return policy. We originally planned to go thrifting for the costumes, but we realized that finding a 50s era dress that both fits the vibe we're trying to accomplish AND fits Veronica will be rather tough. So we'll go thrifting for props and let Amazon handle the rest.

This is one of the dresses I had in mind. I think the color of the first would make our protagonist look homey and welcoming. The second color would fit pretty well into one of our color palettes, though (in case you forgot). The best part about them is the free returns.


One of the reviewers uploaded a picture of her wearing the dress. It looks really cool! It definitely feels like it doesn't belong in our decade. However, the discrepancy in sleeve length worries me slightly. I like how she styled it with opaque black leggings and we might adopt the idea ourselves. 


I'm gonna meet with Veronica and get her opinion, especially since she'll be the one wearing the costume. We want to make sure that she feels comfortable in the costume we give her.

No comments:

Post a Comment