Friday, February 28, 2020

Fonts, Fonts, Fonts!

I love fonts! Dafont.com and I have been good friends since way before this project. So I revisited my old friend and got to scrolling! And then I realized there's a lot of copyright information that I really don't want to mess up. So I went to Adobe Fonts since I knew there'd be no problems there. Dafont.com will be returned to once I've exhausted my resources at Adobe!

First, I've considered Futura. Duh, I know. It's basically the bread and butter or sci-fi fonts. But it's for a reason! I remembered watching a really cool and interesting video by Vox on the font, which I'm going to leave below!


Anyways, 2001: A Space Odessey, Gravity, and Interstellar all use this font. Because it's a good font! Definitely putting it under consideration.



Another one used by Kubrik is Gill Sans Nova. I'm not sure if it'll fit in with our movie, but I won't knock it until I try it!



The rest of the fonts don't have much background behind them, but I did enjoy how they looked.





I went back to Dafont.com and found some fonts I really enjoyed. I emailed the creator of the Qualy font to ask permission for the use of his font. I'll update this as necessary with the response.


I also found Ijskelder which is really cool as well. It's a much different vibe. I also contacted this creator to see if I'd have permission to use it.


No working title just yet, but I'll put up a post with all the working title and the fonts later. No choice will be made today, so, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment