Friday, February 21, 2020

Deciding on a Color Palette

As I saw while researching, retro-futurism has some cool color palettes that range from pastels to greyscale with pops of color. In order to keep track of some color palettes that I want to possibly incorporate, I decided to share them on my blog (in no particular order!)

I used the website Coolors.co due to the ease of use and the randomness! I could choose a palette that spoke to me instead of agonizing over whether I chose the right colors that cohesively went together. It really streamlined the process.

I really like the pastel greens in this palette. The pink, purple, and peach aren't super in line with what I thought of, but I think they go quite well together
I love the reds in this palette! I feel like the use of red would be really cool. It would provide maybe an apocalyptic vibe while also incorporating the color of love into our color palette. 
This is what I think of when I think of sci-fi! I would love to incorporate the green on the far right into our movie. It reminds me of both of the genre and of a 1950s housewife's dress. Which is the whole point, isn't it?
This is a brighter and more pastel version of the last one, essentially. While I like this one a lot, the other one feels more appropriate for our aimed aesthetic. However, I still want to keep this here because I think it does add an aspect the other palette doesn't that I may want to incorporate.
The red does the same, it reminds me a lot of a 1950s housewife's dress with that red. The other colors look clean and provide a vibe I think we could channel into our movie.
A return to warm colors! I felt like the past few were missing warm colors. Given that our movie will criticize modern romance, I would love to contrast it with something that symbolizes traditional values. This basically screams mid-century modern.
Another shot at something that reminds me of mid-century modern aesthetics. I don't think this one nails it as much as the previous one, but that's ok. Still, one to take into consideration!

I didn't realize I made that many! My favorites at the moment are the third and the sixth. They seem to really capture where I want to accomplish. I'm excited to talk with Robert and see what he thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment