Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Deciding on a Movie Poster

So, to start, I had a bit of a vision coming in about the poster and what I wanted it to look like. Obviously, Martina would be in it, however, I did want to capture a good amount of the background in the photo. Setting is very important to the overall movie and I wanted to make sure to reflect that.

So, let's take a look at the movies I researched near the beginning of this project.

Beautiful Boy
Marriage Story



Big Time Adolescence

So, the one that left the biggest impression on me is Marriage Story's. I felt super inspired to have a pair of posters, one that represented the suburban life and another that represented the more urban/on the run life that Martina's character experiences, especially since these two contrasts are a big crux of the film.

One poster would be Martina on the road, I have planned to shoot this picture by State Road 84 West since it's right next to the highway and lacks the more suburban flairs that Weston normally has. The other would be in a residential neighborhood in Weston, as this would add a certain vibe that's quite contrasting when compared to the freeway.

Today was a filming day, so I was able to get this shot of Martina. I got around 30 different pictures, so I'll have to go through and choose my favorite, however, this is a general idea of what I was aiming for and the results that I got.


The title of the film is Suburbia, so I did a few title mockups to see which would go best with the poster. I'm still unsure which to go with, but I wanted a heavy sans serif font.


The fonts obviously need some kerning, but it's a starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment