Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Assessing Wardrobe

 Martina sent me a few pictures of what she had in her closet, so I'm going to go through and assess (with the limited view that I have into her closet) what we could possibly use.


So, here we have a variety of sweatshirts. While I personally like them, I'm not convinced that they would fit into the aesthetic I have planned for Martina's character (name to be decided at a later date!). The graphics they have on them are sport/travel-related, and while that could work, I don't think they'd be kitschy enough to seem like it fits into a thrift-based aesthetic.


Something that I would consider using would be like this sweater above. While still a sweatshirt, it has those kitschy elements that would make it look more grunge than other aesthetics. It also has the feature of the red layer underneath, which fits into the layering aesthetic I would like to incorporate.


Martina also has a collection of graphic tees. The one on the left fits perfectly into the type of "loud" t-shirts I was referring to in my previous blog post. The one on the right, while still a graphic tee, doesn't quite fit into the aesthetic I have envisioned. Disney, with the exception of Nightmare Before Christmas, feels like it clashes with the rebellious character we're trying to convey through her character.


This section of Martina's closet seems to fit another aesthetic. However, I don't mind reaching into it for a plain black shirt we can use to layer. I don't have much to add here.


These shirts feel perfect! I'm pretty sure the top of the stack on the right is a shirt with dolphins on it, which not only do I personally love, would fit in with the thrift-based aesthetic I'm trying to build with Martina's character. It looks slightly outdated in the sense that it's a very 2000s shirt, so you would hardly see a more mainstream trendy teen wearing it. I'll have to explore this section more in person.


Again, not much to add. The shoes are all on-trend and all trendy amongst more alternative style teens. Martina also has a studded belt, as you can see at the very top in the photo. This is also a super popular trend from the early 2000s that has made a comeback amongst trendy alternative teens. I'll see if I can incorporate it as necessary.


Martina also owns these pairs of jeans. Not much to add other than they're exactly what I wanted as I outlined in my last post


Now... this? This is precisely what I had in mind. It's so perfect!

It warrants a celebratory GIF.

Anyways, this fits into the aesthetic I'm trying to craft perfectly. If the bottom right shirt with the skull doesn't make it into the final cut of my trailers, please check in on me, because it means that I am not ok.


And to finish off, this is what Martina has on her hangers. She has a flannel and a few more pants. Nothing I necessarily feel the need to comment, but I really do think that this will fit into the aesthetic I am building surrounding her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment