Sunday, April 12, 2020

Project Reflection

I'm relatively satisfied with my project, but I do admit that there is a lot that could've been done better. However, I will be gentle with myself because a lot of the things I'm unsatisfied with were due to COVID-19 and outside of my control.

I wish I weren't the main actress so I could've been behind the camera. While I'm satisfied with almost all the shots we got, I feel like there are some things that you just can't satisfactorily (is that even a correct use of this word?) explain to another person. I wish there was more movement but also it wasn't fully possible given what we were trying to convey and my lack of editing prowess to animate multiple scenes (one is far more than enough).

Looking back, my costume didn't really convey the sci-fi feel that I wanted it to. I wish I leaned harder into the retro aspect of it, but I did have literally just one day to put it together and I feel that, given the restraints that I had, I handled it pretty well.

I do regret the holograms, sadly. While it looks really cool, it caused a major headache with our opening scene because of the editing. I wish we took another route while simultaneously being really proud of what we did.

I really enjoyed keeping up with the blog, but as the world essentially crashed and I started working 20ish hours a week, it started feeling like a chore and that feeling extended to my project as well. I learned that I should have only one big commitment when doing a media project like this. I don't think I want to stretch myself this thin again.


I enjoyed working with Robert. I think we had a good partnership and I'm glad I chose someone who had a similar creative vision. I think we'll be proud of the finished work once this is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment