Thursday, April 9, 2020

More Color Grading

So I don't have any clips to share, however, I did want to share my color grading and hologram creating processes!

So I used these two tutorials to help me out:


So I essentially just make the whites whiter, the blacks blacker, the highlights more highlighty, and the shadows shadowier! It ends up with a more intense color that gets rid of the washed-out look one can have, especially when filming on a phone camera. Then, I white balance to make sure the scene isn't too warm. This is especially important since I'm going to add a blue tint and it won't look right unless there's a bit of an equal balance with everything.

Then, I add a filter! I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro, so I use the SL BLUE MOON filter. I find that the blue doesn't wash out the scene while also making it look, well, blue!

If there's no hologram in the scene... I'm done! If there is, I follow the hologram tutorial. 

It's not very complicated but it is time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment