Friday, March 20, 2020

Practicing Self-Love

So, seeing as I'll be staring at my face for a lot of the editing process, I'm going to force myself to love that face! So today I'm not going to touch my footage. I'm gonna practice self-care and self-love. 

The first thing I decided to do was to do skincare! I do it every day regardless, but today I was going to do it with intention. I was going to actually take a good look at my face and appreciate the little things that I find beautiful in myself. Instead of picking at flaws, I wanted to look at the things I love about myself. Hopefully it will help me look at these features and not my perceived flaws while editing my movie.

Next, I spent time outside. I know it's taboo in these times considering coronavirus, but I just sat in my backyard and let myself take in some sun. I'm like 90% sure I'm vitamin D deficient, so this was a lovely time. I didn't think about much, just about how nice the warmth of the sun felt on my skin. Cue the desperately needed serotonin.

The last thing I plan on doing for myself is making a milkshake. It's simple, easy, and it tastes good. I often shy away from foods because I'm not the most comfortable in my body, especially considering how my weight fluctuates pretty easily. But I want to allow myself the opportunity to just enjoy food and not think about how I'll look when I'm done eating it. That's not the point of eating, after all.

A short post, but I hope you enjoyed this section on how I'm preparing to edit, even if it's not by honing my technical skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment