Thursday, March 26, 2020

Filming With Danna (She Plays Donna!)

So I had Danna come over to play Donna. Yes, I did choose her because they have similar names. How much do I care? Not one bit because I feel she fits the role quite well. Considering there's going to be no background, makeup and hair will be a considerably important part of the mise en scene. So I spent way too much time on it. And because I love Danna so very much, none of these pictures of her will be flattering.

So we started with orange eyeshadow because it seemed bright and fun and funky! But it really didn't work out because when compared to the black eyeshadow I utilized on myself for the main part of the film, it was much more medium toned. I felt that if I didn't use a dark shadow like I did on myself, it wouldn't look consistent or like a trend that people in the future do.

So here's Danna doing her hair after we finished up the makeup! I used dark blue, black, and decided to put a silver stripe going through the middle. We applied glitter to her cheeks and she's using the same lipgloss that I used in the main part of the film because of its green shift (albeit not a noticeable one)



Here's a closer look at what I did. I apologize to Danna who was blind-sighted by my picture.



And so we filmed it! I let Danna keep her jewelry on and the shirt wouldn't be very visible in the shots, so it was fine. While I preferred a collared shirt, she did not have one, we're not the same size, and it's corona time! This is what our setup looked like. I did my best to have high key lighting so that the glitter wouldn't look bad so my window was open, my room rights were on, and I had lamps on both sides of her. Admittedly, I was hoping to borrow lights, but a similar effect was achieved.


It went really well! The actual filming didn't take too long because the composition was easy and Danna didn't have many lines. One step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment