Tuesday, February 11, 2020

When I Get My Hands on You Marketing Campaign



When I Get My Hands on You is a song that falls under the folk-pop subgenre, but for the purposes of the project, we considered it just a pop song. Marketing trends include exclusive content with streaming services, but when it comes to smaller artists, identity-based branding could be a powerful tool. However, due to our artist being a white man, this isn't a viable option. Instead, we adopted other aspects from a popular up-and-coming pop artist, Cuco.
We decided to create an intimate connection with our audience, especially through a Valentine's Day approach.
We wanted to firmly establish our artist as a romantic singer and one that could easily be incorporated into a playlist meant for your partner. Also, we wanted to have a connection to the beach to be consistent throughout the campaign. This meant that incorporating more feminine branding was apt. The majority of our target audience is female, so this wasn't conflicting at all.
One way is that the album cover included a stylized photo of a wave with cursive writing. The cursive writing lends itself to a more feminine appearance, however, since it is a special edition cover for Valentine's, that's not particularly an issue.

Album Cover

The video was filmed at Las Olas beach, consistent with the ocean branding.
A key part of our campaign was Valentine-grams. They were virtual cards that would play the song when opened, this really played into the Valentine-based aspect of our campaign.

Valentine-gram
A lot was learned about the production step that I'm quite excited about. I learned how to color grade film, though I'm slightly upset I couldn't get too experimental with it. I was able to learn a good amount of tricks and consumed quite a few tutorials on how to do so. However, this experience has also showed me that I should become more acquainted with color theory in order to apply it to future works. It also solidified the idea that 1 minute of a film takes a lot more time to create than many people realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment